WELCOME TO FUTSAL AMERICA
Where players are known for a good first touch, fast footwork, creative play and a passion for the game.
Futsal America began in 1989 in Washington DC where the concept of futsal was applied to outdoor soccer training. Originally this was called "Brazilian Soccer" where players trained in their bare feet with a tennis ball.
Today, it is a program that can be shared anywhere in the world.
Futsal America rebranded in 2015. Previously, dozens
of youth teams such as the Independence, Eclipse, Majestics, Samba and Fire have followed the Futsal America program. Clubs from DC, VA and MD have benefitted from the methodology created 27 years ago as over 200 players have gone on to play college and professional soccer and many continue to serve the game as coaches.
Players are nurtured through a curriculum of environments that range from futsal, beach soccer, freestyle soccer, street soccer, and everything from 1v1 to 11v11.
Music plays a part in our program. We create an atmosphere to develop a rhythm, express your skills and enjoy the ball. Such methods hone creativity in the player that one day can be a global model for player development.
It is our mission to build a culture that will inspire the player to lead with their own imagination and originality.
We ask players to decide what kind of player they want to be and then be it in every game.
We embrace the fact that America is a land of opportunity where dreams can come true. We dare players to dream and show them pathways to reach their goals.
American culture is a melting pot of diverse ideas. It is a hip hop culture.
We play futsal and soccer the American Way.
This is Futsal America.
TV documentary of the Futsal America program, previously known as WYSA, which has been serving the DC community since 1989 and provided inner city players international experience against the top academies in Europe.
BENEFITS OF FUTSAL AMERICA
1. Having fun with the ball, the game and the people
2. Player centric program to develop your skills
3. Year round futsal
4. Year round travel soccer
5. Beach soccer
6. Experienced nationally licensed coaches with proven track records for success on and off the pitch
7. Coaches who care about you as a person as much as they do as a player
8. Pathways to achieving your goals
9. Supplemental training to your team training
10. Partnerships with different clubs, schools, leagues and tournaments
11. Sharing methodolgy and programming
12. Sharing cultures
13. Improved nutrition to optimize performance, aid recovery and stimulate healing
14. Improved fitness, strength, speed and agility as any athlete can improve
15. Improved academic performance, become a better student and strive for excellence
16. Mentorships, where you learn from older players, learn critical life skills, give back and become a better human being
17. Special events that are unique to Futsal America
18. Recognition for excellence on and off the field
19. Building a community
20. Friendships for life
An example of one immediate benefit of Futsal America:
For players that want to get ahead of the competition, many of the top players train for the game every day. However, many teams only practice 2-3 sessions per week and much of that time may be spent on improving the team rather than the individual player. Futsal America becomes a great compliment for players by offering supplemental skills training to improve their game on a daily basis. Players can train with their teams 2-3 times a week and follow the Futsal America program on the other days of the week to develop their ball control, footwork, shooting, crossing, heading, volleys, goalkeeping, etc. This player centric program is key for any player to reach their full potential.
Further benefits include:
- Corporate entertainment and functions.
- Teaching your employees the wonders of the game while providing sporting challenges.
- Getting fit in a fun way.
- Expanding your entertainment options at birthday parties, weddings and special occasions.
- Providing unique after school programs for all ages.
- Diversifying your club curriculum.
- Bringing your community together through your own league or tournament.
- Creating options around the world for players and staff to live, learn and play
Futsal America can also offer a variety of products that allow any one to follow our program, in their home, team, club and company or for any occasion:
- Splash Soccer
- Beach Soccer
- Freestyle Soccer
The staff of Futsal America have been serving the community for the past 27 years.
Take a look at our list of clients who have benefitted from our program and become a beneficiary today.
Aesthetic Appeal Bermuda
Alexandria Soccer Association
Annandale Boys and Girls Club
America Scores/DC Scores
Beach Soccer 5v5
Bethesda Soccer Club
Bowie Soccer Club
Capital Club House
Crystal Palace USA
DC Dept of Recreation and Parks
Edmund Burke School
Elite Development Program
Fairfax Sportsplex Indoor Soccer League
Gunston Soccer Club
Haynes Public Charter School
Italian Super Cup
Kelly Miller Middle School
KIMA Public Charter School
Lee Mt Vernon Soccer Club
Major League Soccer 4v4 Futbolito
Maryland State Youth Soccer Association
Metro Futsal League
Moravek Soccer School
Nations Capital Soccer League
National Collegiate Athletic Association
National Intramural Recreation and Sports Association
North American Sand Soccer
Northern Virginia Majestics
Northern Virginia Royals
Old Dominion Soccer League
Paul Public Charter School
Prince William Soccer Inc
Reston Soccer Association
Rockville Sports Futsal League
Roy Kelly Futsal
School Without Walls
Soccer Association of Columbia
Soccer In The Streets
Soccer On The Hill
Sports Challenge Delaware
Springfield Youth Soccer
Team America Premier
TC Williams High School
Total Soccer Arena
Tri County Futsal League
United Soccer Leagues Player Development League
United Soccer Leagues Super Y League
United Soccer Leagues W League
United States Amateur Soccer Association
United States Club Soccer
United States Futsal Federation
United States Soccer Foundation
United States Youth Soccer Olympic Development Program
United States Youth Soccer Region 1
University of DC
US Cup '92-'95
Vienna Youth Soccer
Virginia Champions Club League
Virginia Youth Soccer Association
Waldorf Soccer Club
Washington Area Girls Soccer League
Washington Futsal League
Washington Latin Public Charter School
Washington Premier League
Washington Soccer Club
Washington Youth Soccer Association
Wilson High School
Women's World Cup '99
World Cup 1994
Variety of media that has featured Futsal America programming under various guises. since 1989.
ABC TV Sports
Caribbean Vision Televison
DC Cablevision TV
Four Four Two Magazine
Fox Sports World
Home Team Sports
NBC TV Sports
Santa Barbara Paper
Shellie TV Productions
WHBC Jam 830AM